is first NHL assist on Chimeras goal.

przepływy międzyludzkie czyli wątki pozakocie...

Moderator: modRUSki

lw789

is first NHL assist on Chimeras goal.

Postautor: lw789 » środa, 8 listopada 2017, 09:42

MIAMI - A.J. Burnett threw almost as many balls as strikes. He laboured through a long first inning, fumed about a tight strike zone and tossed a water cooler when he came out of the game. His 150th career victory was a tough one. Burnett lasted five innings and three relievers completed a harrowing six-hitter, helping the Philadelphia Phillies beat the Miami Marlins 6-5 Tuesday night. As Phils manager Ryne Sandberg said, Burnett battled. "Im tired of hearing the word battled," Burnett said with a smile. "But its the truth, so youve got to say it." Although the veteran right-hander has been less than sharp in several starts, hes 3-3 with a 3.32 ERA. "Ive been able to make a pitch here or there to minimize the damage," he said. That was the case all night for the Phillies, who gave up eight bases on balls. Jonathan Papelbon walked two and gave up an RBI single by Garrett Jones in the ninth before retiring Jarrod Saltalamacchia for the final out and his 12th save in 13 chances. Jimmy Rollins homered for the second game in a row to put the Phillies ahead to stay. They began the night ranked 26th in the majors in homers, but theyve hit seven in the past three games — all wins — while scoring 26 runs. Burnett doubled for his first extra-base hit since 2005 and scored. John Mayberry Jr. hit for him in the sixth and delivered a two-out, two-run single. Mayberry has seven RBIs in nine at-bats as a pinch hitter this year. The victory provided some consolation for the Phillies, who learned Tuesday that ace Cliff Lee will be sidelined at least a couple of weeks with a mild elbow strain. Burnett, who pitched for the Marlins from 1999 to 2005, won his first start at Marlins Park despite struggling with his command. He walked four and needed 96 pitches to get through five innings, but he departed with a 4-3 lead. The Phillies said umpire Will Littles strike zone was part of the problem. "It makes you wonder how many years youve got to pitch to get a call," Burnett said. "They were very, very close, but you put it behind you." Marlins manager Mike Redmond failed to do that, and he was ejected in the sixth inning when he complained from the dugout after Adeiny Hechavarria was called out on strikes. After getting tossed by Little, Redmond ran onto the field to continue the argument, and his tantrum turned comical when he kicked dirt and dragged his foot through the batters box to indicate he thought the pitch was inside. "I tried to be patient," Redmond said, "but at the end of the day I couldnt watch anymore." Anthony DeSclafani (1-1) allowed five runs in 5 1-3 innings. He was making the second start of his career for Marlins ace Jose Fernandez, who is out for at least a year with an elbow injury that required surgery. The game marked the start of a six-game homestand for the Marlins, who lost at Marlins Park for the first time since May 3. They still have the best home record in the majors at 17-6. Phillies third baseman Cody Asche committed an error in the eighth when he dropped a pop foul hit by Saltalamacchia. On the next pitch, Saltalamacchia hit an RBI single to cut the Phils lead to 6-4. That put runners at first and third with none out, but Mike Adams retired the next three batters. "We had tons of opportunities — chances to score, add on runs," Redmond said. "Some contact would have driven in some runs." Phillies centre fielder Tony Gwynn Jr. made a running back-to-the-plate catch near the 418-foot sign to rob the Marlins of a run in the fourth. Burnett doubled with two out in the fifth and scored on Rollins sixth homer to put the Phils up 4-3. The Phils scored twice in the first on a run-scoring double by Ryan Howard and an RBI groundout by Marlon Byrd. Burnett threw 35 pitches in the first and gave up two runs. Casey McGehee hit an RBI single, and Marcell Ozuna walked on a two-out, 3-2 pitch with the bases loaded. NOTES: Redmonds ejection was his first this season. ... The game took 3:30, longest of the year at Marlins Park. ... The Phillies began a stretch of 41 games in 41 days. ... Phillies RHP Kyle Kendrick (0-4, 3.96 ERA) tries for his first victory Wednesday against RHP Nathan Eovaldi (2-2, 3.62 ERA). Los Angeles Clippers Jerseys . UCI President Brian Cookson said Wednesday the commission will investigate allegations "that the UCI has been involved in wrongdoing in the past -- allegations which have done so much to hurt the credibility of the UCI and our sport. Blake Griffin Jersey . -- Kansas City Royals first baseman Eric Hosmer will be out three to six weeks with a stress fracture of the third finger of his right hand. http://www.clippersnbateamshop.com/dani ... rs-jersey/. -- Manchester United thrilled a record crowd with a brilliant opening goal -- and even Cristiano Ronaldos unexpected entrance proved futile for Real Madrid. Austin Rivers Jersey .C. United to a 4-1 victory over short-handed FC Dallas on Saturday night. Chris Paul Jersey . Four years after winning gold on home ice in Vancouver, the Canadians will get a chance to make it two in a row Sunday against Sweden after beating the United States 1-0 in the Olympic semifinals Friday at Bolshoy Ice Dome.WASHINGTON -- With a desperate wave of his stick, Ryan Miller somehow kept a point-blank shot out of the net, saving the Buffalo Sabres from matching the longest road losing streak in franchise history. Miller reached right to deflect Mikhail Grabovskis attempt with just over 2 minutes remaining in regulation, and then made two more saves in the shootout Sunday to give the Sabres a 2-1 win over the Washington Capitals. "I was looking down at my papers for the next line combination, and the boys tell me I missed the save of the year," Buffalo interim coach Ted Nolan said. "He was really good." Miller finished with 28 saves, Tyler Ennis scored in the first period, and Cody Hodgson had the only goal in the shootout for the Sabres, whose 11-game road skid was the second-longest in club history, behind a 12-game streak in the 2011-12 season. "We didnt want to make it 12 in a row. Its already gotten too far," Miller said. "But its something the guys can feel good about." Miller provided a big lift for Buffalo with his terrific stop after Grabovski gathered a rebound in front of the crease. As skilful as it looked, Miller said he was more lucky than anything. "Thats one of those ones where youre just completely out of options," said Miller, who will represent the U.S. next month at the Sochi Olympics. "The puck came through traffic, hit me right in the pads instead of the stick, and I knew I was in trouble. I saw him kind of reload and get position, and those can certainly go wrong for you. More often than not, those guys are going to score, and I dont think he quite got all of it." Jason Chimera scored in the first period, and Philipp Grubauer made 30 saves for the Capitals, who have lost five of seven, including a pair of 2-1 shootout losses to the worst-in-NHL Sabres. NHL rules require that every game have a winner, which seemed a generous gesture in a game in which both teams played as if tthey were already on the Olympic break.dddddddddddd. The mascots and youngsters who played a mini-game during the first intermission generated more riveting scoring chances than the Capitals and Sabres did for long stretches of the second and third periods. "I think the guys are a little tired," Washington coach Adam Oates said. "I dont think we had the energy we should." But Buffalo will take any win it can get. The Sabres actually put the puck in the net twice in the first period -- once for themselves and once for the Capitals. Brian Flynn, trying to stop a pass from Chimera to Marcus Johansson, got his stick on the puck and directed it past his own goalie to give Washington the early lead. Chimera was given credit for the goal. Ennis tied it late in the period on a power play. With 53 seconds remaining in regulation, Karl Alnzer put the puck in the net for the Capitals, but the goal didnt count because Nicklas Backstrom had tripped Hodgson to give Alzner the clear shot. The Sabres were given a power play that carried into overtime. The Sabres welcomed back Hodgson, who had missed eight games with a hand injury, and Ville Leino, who had been out for three games with a lower body injury. Not on the ice was prospect Mikhail Grigorenko, who is refusing to accept an assignment to the juniors. The Sabres, who have scored by far the fewest goals scored in the league, are trying to steady themselves during a period of upheaval. Sundays game was the second under new general manager Tim Murphy. "I think today was a good opportunity to reset and say were going to play a hard-nosed game," Miller said, "and we did a nice job." NOTES: Washington D Connor Carrick got his first NHL assist on Chimeras goal. ... A blue tarp hung in the rafters at the Verizon Center, one day after a Washington Wizards NBA game was delayed twice because of a leak in the roof. There were no such weather delays Sunday. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Wróć do „towarzyskie”